Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research
- Key Executive role
- City based position
- Opportunity to lead a school in the largest business colleges in Asia Pacific
- Access to many company wide benefits
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students. Founded in 1887, RMIT is a multi-sector university with more than 90,000 students.
The College of Business is comprised of six large schools, delivering Business programs in vocational education and the higher education sectors. RMIT Business programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore and Shanghai, as well as through Open Universities Australia (OUA) and RMIT Online.
For further details about the College, please visit:
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor Business and Vice-President, the Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor Research is responsible for providing high level strategic leadership in research and research development at University and College level; the implementation of the University's research strategy within the College; and for ensuring the sound management of research functions within the College. The Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor Research will be responsible for working within the College in the development of its research centres and strong concentrations of research, including finance and economics, business logistics, marketing, work and employment relations, corporate governance, environmental accounting, IT and knowledge management. In addition, the incumbent will play an active role in involving College staff in the work of the University's Research Institutes.
A capacity to provide strong, strategic leadership and facilitate change in the development of an outstanding research reputation will be critical to the success of the role.
As a member of the College Executive, the Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor Research is expected to work collaboratively in support of the University's strategic directions and towards:
- Developing a high-performance and cross-disciplinary research culture.
- Building staff capability and strengthening scholarship.
- Ensuring appropriate development of College-led research, appropriate to the profile of an internationally renowned business school.
- A Ph.D. (desirable) in a business-related discipline and professional standing, with active research interests in an area relevant to the College.
- Level E (Professor) or eligible for appointment to Professoriate.
- Substantial experience in the successful management of research organisations / units.
- Proven ability to identify emerging research issues and policies in the tertiary sector relevant to the business disciplines and provide and implement appropriate strategies and actions.
- Senior management experience and expertise demonstrating the capacity to initiate, lead and manage change projects that contribute to improved research outcomes which foster a high performance research culture.
- Proven capacity to provide leadership, initiate and facilitate change in an international environment, whilst recognising and accommodating the interdependencies across RMIT.
- Significant professional standing in a discipline area relevant to the College and the capacity to support and encourage others to undertake research.
- Experience in managing risks related to research (such as intellectual property and ethical issues).
- Possesses outstanding interpersonal and communications skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate and network and build relationships within the organisation and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to combine a collegial style with decisive, clear thinking, creative and practical implementation strategies.
- Experience and understanding of operating at an executive level including skills in managing finance and managing people to achieve strategic outcomes.
For further information, please visit our careers website using 582000
Applications close on 3rd September 2019
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.