Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- A postdoctoral fellow is expected to propose alternatives towards the successful completion of the research objectives as well as to anticipate risks and deviations from the project planning by proposing mitigation measures.
- The candidate will function with a high degree of independence for the design, organization and delivery of highly specialized and advanced experiments by applying established scientific protocols and procedures and by designing new ones when required;summarize findings and publish results in research journals; assume general responsibility for scientific operations of the laboratory; provide supervision and guidance to junior technicians, students, and researchers.
- The candidate will actively participate in graduate student co-supervision together with faculty.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Biotechnology or Chemistry.
- PhDs on other scientific disciplines can be considered based on the educational background of the candidate.
- PhD must be from a highly reputed accredited University.
- The candidate must have experience on (anaerobic) bioreactor operations, experimental design and delivery including experience with sampling and analytical techniques.
- Process modelling and simulation experience as well as Matlab programming or similar will be very highly valued.
- Candidates must have previously published as first lead author in ISI indexed reputed journals, both recent PhDs and more senior postdocs are encouraged to apply. Critical scientific thinking and a very strong research and academic integrity are required.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Chemical Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Chemistry Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates