Program Director for Assessment and Evaluation
College of Medicine and Health Sciences
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class,research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be aleader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Medical Education at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), the Program Director for Assessment and Evaluation supports the Assistant Dean in providing administrative leadership, policy development, and implementation of programs in the areas of student assessment and evaluation,including: quantitative, qualitative and descriptive evaluation instruments;analysis and reporting of statistical and descriptive data for all internal and external evaluative components of the education program (e.g. courses,clerkships, strands, USMLE).
This role is expected to:
- Contribute to the formulation of the CMHS’s strategy, with a focus on meeting KU and CMHS strategic goals in the areas of medical student assessment and evaluation.
- Contribute to development of the CMHS’s policies and procedures, adhering to the overall objectives of Khalifa University, ensuring alignment to applicable regulations and standards and promoting of leading practices and educational excellence
- Contribute to the development and management of the office budget
- Manage and mentor staff within the office
Assessment and Evaluation
- In coordination with the Assistant Dean for Medical Education, oversees the Office of Assessment and Evaluation.
- Supports CMHS accreditation processes and its program of continuous quality improvement
- Works with the Dean, Associate Deans, Curriculum Committee, and teaching faculty to plan, develop, implement, and assess all methods of student assessment and evaluation across the entire four-year program to ensure that all methods are state-of-the art.
- Ensures that academic programs and services conform to laws, regulations, and policies of the United Arab Emirates
- Ensures the activities of the office are in alignment with accreditation guidelines
- In coordination with the Assistant Dean for Medical Education and other departments and offices within KU and the CMHS, participates in design, implementation, management and evaluation of the medical curriculum.
- Serves an ex-officio, non-voting member of the CMHS Curriculum Committee; provides data to inform the process of curriculum assessment and management; makes recommendations to the Assistant Dean of Medical Education and the Curriculum Committee.
- Provides routine reports to the Dean, Associate and Assistant Deans, and standing CMHS committees as directed
- Works with the faculty in creating exams (including computerized tests) to assure they meet standards of excellence
- Supervising the statistician, produces detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis for all administered assessment.
- Ensures timely submission of medical student grades and evaluations from course directors; and compiles and maintains a database of student performance data; supervises collection of evaluative data and provides analysis for the Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Serves as Chief Proctor for the NBME, and oversees exam proctors and the computer-based testing lab
- Provides reports to the Dean and Associate Deans to inform and improve academic and administrative processes
- Assists in developing policies and procedures of the CMHS;
- Works with the Dean, Associate Deans and Khalifa University’s Office of Research Support to promote and support research activities
- Supports and mentors office faculty and staff who participate in research
- Administrative & People Management
- In consultation with the Dean and Associate Deans, actively works with the Office of Human Resources to recruit and retain high quality faculty and staff to support the medical education program
- Manages faculty and staff (direct reports) by defining job expectations; plans, monitors, and appraises faculty and staff performance; coaches, counsels and actively participates in the departmental employees’ on-boarding, mentoring and professional development.
- Assists in scheduling and assigning staff workload in the Office of Medical Education
- Provides information or prepares reports as and when needed.
- Ensures adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensures coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Dean and his line managers.
- Provides coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensures the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommends appropriate training courses as per pre-determined training needs, evaluates their effectiveness, and monitors their results.
- Carries out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommends necessary actions as per applied practices.
- Conducts periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follows-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
- M.D., Ph.D. or Ed.D in an appropriate field of study
- Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
- Prior leadership role in assessment and evaluation of students
- Demonstrated expertise in psychometric, quantitative and qualitative analyses including: survey design, research methods, study design, interviewing, conducting focus groups, multivariate statistics, and the use of spreadsheets and graphics software.
- Expertise in test theory
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in medical education (including detailed knowledge of preclinical and clinical components of a medical school curriculum).
- Proven management experience, requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medicine professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential.
- Demonstrable ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities that are sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
- Familiarity with human subject research guidelines and IRB policies and procedures
- Experience with publishing or presenting work at medical education meetings
- Familiarity or experience with an education institution in the Middle East
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Program Director for Assessment and Evaluation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly