Director, Dean's Office
- Full Time
The candidate will be a member of the Senior Management Team and an ex officio member of Faculty Council with responsibility for directing the administrative and support services of the CMHS and ensuring that the delivery of these services is aligned to the core activities of Teaching, Research and Clinical Care. He will advise on all administrative and support matters and ensure compliance with the relevant Federal Laws, University Bylaws and requirements of the State Audit Institution. He will act as the direct line manager for all staff in the departments shown on the endorsed Organization Chart and control the HR function for all faculty and staff.
- Direct the preparation and submission of the Annual CMHS Operating Budget.
- Ensure that the appropriate accounting and budgetary systems are in place and CMHS operates within the financial powers delegated to it by the University Human Resources
- Prepare, implement and monitor systems for the recruitment, retention and induction of faculty and staff.
- Ensure that the appropriate HR systems are in place and personal records are maintained for faculty and staff.
- Ensure that the appropriate systems are in place for the ordering and receiving of goods and supplies.
- Ensure that all tenders and contracts are processed in accordance with the University Bylaws and statutory regulations.
- Ensure that systems are in place to ensure the efficient office administration of the CMHS.
- Ensure that a stock of appropriate housing is maintained for faculty and staff. Facilities
- Ensure that the grounds, building, fabric, plant and equipment of the CMHS are maintained to the appropriate standards.
- Ensure the necessary systems are in place relating to health, safety and security.
Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
- University Postgraduate Degree in a ‘Business’ related subject
- Professional Qualification in a relevant discipline
Preferably with experience in Academic/Medical Environment
Not less than 10 Year’s experience in senior management positions to include: Administration, HR, Finance and Budget Experience must include acting as direct line manager for staff Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Proficiency in English and knowledge of Arabic is an advantage Strategic Planning High Level of Interpersonal and Communication skills. Computer proficiency, well versed in computerized HR and Finance systems Ability to handle work pressure successfully
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Dean's Office - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Management
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED