Head, University Diversity and Inclusion
- Be part of a university working towards an exciting new strategy
- Great opportunity to be a part of a team making an impact in Diversity & Inclusion
- Senior Appointment – Continuing Full Time
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Equity Diversity and Inclusion was established to enable UNSW to pursue social justice for its students, staff and community and to be recognised as an international exemplar in equity, diversity and inclusion.
About the role
The Head of University Diversity & Inclusion reports to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Equity Diversity & Inclusion, with a dotted reporting line to the Vice-President, Human Resources. The position works with a diverse range of stakeholders across the University including the Senior leaders, Deans, Heads of Schools, Executive Directors and professional staff managers, as well as student leaders and student facing business units, to implement a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Externally the position liaises with Government organisations such as the Workplace Gender Equality Agency and colleagues from other universities.
Other role responsibilities include the following:
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise across all aspects of diversity and inclusion and contribute to the development of strategies, policies and programs to enable the University to achieve its strategic diversity and inclusion goals and priorities.
- Develop and manage University-wide diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives and work with HR Business Partners in Faculties and Divisions, EDI Officers in faculties, student facing business units and student leaders to support implementation at a local level.
- Support local teams in faculties and divisions to develop and implement their Equity Diversity and Inclusion Plans.
- Co-ordinate effective data reporting to enable tracking of key diversity and inclusion metrics and manage compliance with external reporting requirements.
- Consult and collaborate with senior leaders to integrate diversity practices into employment and workplace practices, student recruitment and support programs, and teaching and learning processes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Degree in Human Resources or a related field. Significant experience in a specialist Diversity and Inclusion role or extensive experience in a generalist Human Resources or Organisational Development role with significant involvement in the delivery of Diversity & Inclusion related projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and/or programs in large organisations.
- Strong relationship building skills and proven high capability and success in internal and external stakeholder management, including at executive level.
- Outstanding change management and influencing skills, ideally with successful experience in enabling change in a large organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including concise report writing and production of engaging presentations.
- Experience working in a large matrixed organisation.
Please provide a cover letter and response to each of the selection criteria outlined in the position description document addressing your suitability to the role.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Simone Donovan – Talent Acquisition Lead
T: (61 2) 9385 8911
Applications close: Sunday, 8th September 2019 at 11:30pm
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.