Quality Assurance Officer, SPCE Programme Management Office
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 04 September 2019
Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The Programme Management Office (PMO) of School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE) in Bishkek runs 13 Learning Centers (LC) across Central Asia and Afghanistan. The PMO of SPCE is looking for Quality Assurance Officer (QAO), who will be reporting to the Director of SPCE. The QAO will have responsibility for the support of effective quality assurance processes as provided in the Academic Regulation of SPCE. The main duties include supporting the programme validations, provide support to programme teams in locations on reporting for quarterly/annual monitoring and programme review activities and assisting in maintaining definitive course and programme documentation, including tracking the curricular changes, assistance with the production of quality assurance documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring of Academic Process of all locations of SPCE and outreach programmes through: tracking timetables; providing enrollments approval and controlling dynamics of students’ movements and profile; control of academic processes; monthly analyses of grade reports; real time updating of statistics information; receiving and approving academic reports from locations; continuous improvement of quality of academic process; approving training and exams timetables.
- Closely work and liaise with Instructors and Managers of Academic Affairs through: control of workload of academic staff; control of individual plans of instructors and providing approval of payment for quality; control and tracking professional development plan for academic staff of SPCE; control and analysis of performance of instructors; provide quarterly analytic report of quality of teaching; analyze monthly academic meeting reports from all locations; agree indicators for instructors.
- Reporting and workflow: responsible for setting and regular monitoring of academic process; confirming results of exams and award certificates, transcripts for graduates; confirming concepts, plans of new programs, lesson plans and work plans for new courses and programs for locations; updating academic regulations; working with locations on the issue of fees and costs for the courses.
- Organization of exams through: working with external experts on exams preparations; facilitating service agreements with HR and payments with Finance; receiving exams papers from and sharing exams results with locations; working with students appeals.
- Travel: regularly travel to SPCE locations and firsthand witness observance of quality assurance procedures in all SPCE locations, provide regular recommendations and training on improvement of quality assurance processes on locations.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate or graduate degree, preferably in Education or relevant to the job.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years in academic environment.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team to produce work of a high standard to specific deadline and at times under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge and Report Writing Skills in English, Russian and in one of the Central Asian’s languages.
- Advanced user of Computer applications and Internet.
- Knowledge or understanding of education quality standards will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by September 1st 2019. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Quality Assurance Officer, SPCE PMO Bishkek”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.