Manager Global Careers and Employability Experiences
DVC Academic PVC (Education) Portfolio
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of the DVC (Academic) is a large portfolio covering a wide range of activities supporting the student experience, the needs of academic staff and international operations. Within the DVC(A) Division, the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education) Portfolio provides leadership in the development and implementation of UNSW Sydney’s strategic initiatives in learning and teaching. The initiatives focus on educational design, development, delivery and evaluation, integrating technology and expanding the University’s online learning offerings, providing academic development support and services, and promoting teaching excellence through the UNSW Scientia Education Academy and the Education Focussed Academics. The Portfolio works collaboratively with the faculties, schools and divisions to implement the 2025 Strategic Plan and drive enhancements to the student experience and success. It is involved in the design of effective learning environments, promotes Work Integrated Learning (WIL) initiatives, provides academic language, learning and career support to students, and strengthens their employability prospects through a range of programs and services.
About the role
- $106K – $120K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Continuing role
- Full-time (35 hour week)
About the role
We are building a new Student Academic and Career Success (SACS) team from the ground up and are looking for a Manager, Global Careers and Employability Experiences. This an integral part of our leadership team, leading by example you will be responsible for the recruitment, design, coordination, implementation and evaluation of employer partnership programs, resources and activities (excluding Work Integrated Learning) for UNSW students to access global experiences to enhance their employability.
About the successful applicant
We are looking for an experienced Manager and strategic thinker with an aptitude for maintaining strong relationships, and engaging with internal and external stakeholders. You will be accustomed to working in a fast-paced growing environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant postgraduate qualification with substantial experience in employability, career development, student development or in the area of international education in a higher education context or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated understanding or knowledge of issues related to employability, nationally and internationally, as it relates to higher education
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of people to deliver effective and efficient student centred services, with the ability to prioritise workloads in a high-pressure environment, work independently and proactively, and meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in initiating, coordinating, managing, maintaining and evaluating global employer relations/partnership programs and associated educational resources and activities
- Experience in the creation and development of marketing and communications collateral and content
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Kim Symons, Talent Acquisition Consultant
P: 9385 0670
Applications close: Sunday 15th September before 11 pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://pvce.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity