Lecturer in Statistics
- Salary Package: Lecturer (Level B) from $103,914 to $122,947 per annum, plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Three positions on a full-time, continuing basis.
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics is looking to appoint three outstanding statisticians. You will conduct international quality research in an area of statistics and contribute excellent teaching to our vibrant undergraduate and postgraduate statistics courses.
The newly merged Department of Mathematics and Statistics represents a continuation of the traditions of the disciplines of Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics and Statistics at Macquarie University. These positions are part of our strategic growth in the area of statistics.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv, along with the names, addresses and email details of three referees, your residency status and a separate cover letter that explicitly addresses how you meet the following selection criteria:
- A PhD or equivalent in an area of Statistics
- Demonstrated research ability that supports the Department's research interests in statistics
- A strong record of research achievements as evidenced by high quality publications
- Ability to supervise postgraduate students and ability to attract competitive research funding.
- Capacity to teach across a wide range of courses similar to those offered by the Department
- Ability to contribute to a collegial environment in furthering the goals of the Department
- Potential to act as an advocate for the Department and the discipline both within the University and to external groups and ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Potential to generate collaboration and funding from industry
- Substantial experience of lecturing large classes and service classes
- A genuine commitment to the development and delivery of innovative teaching of statistics
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Jim Denier on email@example.com or +61 2 9850 8956.
General Recruitment Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday 13th September 2019 at 11:55 pm
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.