Research Technician Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The successful candidate will work on the INQNET (Intelligent Quantum Networks and Technology) program focusing on quantum teleportation experiments. The candidate will work on the development of superconducting nanowire single photon detectors, including experimental characterization of devices and implementation in experiments.
The position is located in Pasadena, California, however it will require domestic travel
- Work on setup and controls for the commissioning of entanglement generation and distribution nodes
- Operating precision electronics and measuring devices including lasers
- Designing, modeling, and testing of advanced superconducting detectors
- Prior experience in a superconducting detector research group is required
- Knowledge of modern data analysis techniques and coding
- MSc in Applied Physics or a related field