Student Enquiry Centre Officer
Department: Academic Registry & Council Secretariat
Salary: £37,411 - £44,015 per annum inclusive of London Allowance (Grade 5)
Location: Mile End
Closing date: 29-Aug-2019
The Student Enquiry Centre is the Academic Registry’s front facing student service and deals with enquiries and requests for information from prospective, current and former University students. The purpose of the Centre is to offer information and advice on a broad range of issues to students, including:
- University policies, procedures and regulations
- Financial support, bursaries and scholarships
- Changes to student status, resulting from programme transfers, withdrawals and interruptions to study
Providing official documentation for:
- Confirmation of Registration
- Council Tax Exemption
- Bank Letters
- Awards and Graduation
We are looking for an enthusiastic, student focused and results driven individual to lead the team. This will include reviewing current policies, procedures and working practices, having an excellent knowledgeable of all services and changes which might affect students and leading the development of all related student communications to provide an effective and efficient service to centre customers.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of working within a Registry environment.
- Proven experience of managing customer focused enquiry / help desk systems and an appreciation of providing excellent customer service.
- Skilled in problem solving and responding flexibly to change with the ability to identify necessary new developments and take them forward to completion.
- Proven experience of delivering quality customer services in a client-facing role, preferably in an educational setting.
The position is a permanent post. Starting salary will be in the range £37,411 - £44,015 per annum inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, access to a pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
The closing date for applications is 29 August 2019.
The interviews are expected to be held in early September 2019.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality