Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in Computational Neuroscience
Division/School School of Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Engineering Maths
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Full time
Salary £33,199 - £42,036
Closing date for applications 31-Dec-2019
A postdoctoral position is available to work on computational modelling of synaptic plasticity and learning, funded by a grant from the Leverhulme Trust. The anticipated project would use a combination of molecular-level simulations and simpler abstract models that are amenable to analysis. It will be an interdisciplinary project between computational neuroscience, statistics/machine learning, and systems biology.
The job-holder will be based in the group of Cian O’Donnell at the University of Bristol Computer Science Department and will work in collaboration with Nick Whiteley (Mathematics) and Thom Gorochowski (Life Sciences). You will be part of the lively Bristol Computational Neuroscience Unit (https://bristolcnu.github.io).
You should ideally have a PhD in Computational Neuroscience or Machine Learning/Statistics, but we also welcome applications from interested candidates with PhDs in related disciplines such as Neurobiology, Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering.
This post is offered on a full time, open-ended contract with funding for 36 months, beginning October/November/December 2019.
Informal enquiries can be made to Cian O’Donnell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Computer Science Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Engineering & Technology Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Physical Sciences Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol