Academic Administrator, Attendance
Location: London Holborn
Closing date: 20/08/2019
Salary: £20,000 -£23,000
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Law School -Law School
The Law School Academic Administrator (Attendance) will work together with, the Programme Support Manager (Attendance) and the Senior Programme Support Officer (Attendance) to ensure that all Law School administrative processes for the recording, monitoring and reporting of student attendance are properly set up and aligned across all programmes. As part of the Law School Programme support team they will be responsible for ensuring an excellent student journey through the Law School and may also be required to work flexibly across other areas of programme support provided by the team to meet demands in workload as and when required so as to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
Core Responsibilities of an Academic Administrator (Attendance)
(including but not limited to):
- Working to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams, including but not limited to Admissions, SRO, Student Finance, Timetabling Unit and Student Advice.
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School attendance monitoring and reporting processes to work within a dedicated delivery team.
- Ensuring registers are up to date and liaising with the relevant departments to process amendments
- Monitoring inputting of attendance by faculty and following up with faculty as required to ensure timely inputting of attendance
- Assisting with the daily production of attendance reports for all programmes
- Assisting with the daily monitoring of attendance of Tier 4 visa students to ensure compliance with UKVI regulations
- Working with other departments (including Study Visas and Office of Regulation and Compliance) to ensure compliance with all regulatory and reporting requirements concerning attendance
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative processes to allow flexible working across programme support teams, as required.
- Generally to assist the Law School Team to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
- Other administrative support activities as and when required by the Law School.
Please refer to the full job description