Executive Secretary, Office of the Provost
The Office of The Provost seeks an incumbent for the position of Executive Secretary to work as a representative and on behalf of the Provost, ensures the effective organization, coordination and facilitation of work process, protocols and activities for the Office of the Provost. Works with other senior University representatives as well as external representatives to ensure priorities and accountabilities of the Provost and the Office of the Provost are met. Provides senior level executive and organizational support.
- Provides information, advice, and guidance to all (senior administrators, faculty, staff, students and external clients) about the elements of the University on all matters relating to the operations of the University (i.e., consultancy, policies, and procedures, visits, processes and guidelines).
- Serves as a first point of contact to all senior administrators, faculty, staff, students and external clients and responds to all general and specific queries about the University operations, processes, guidelines, polices and/or procedures.
- Coordinates with different units regarding the updating of policies and procedures from the time the proposals for new or revised policies are received by the Office of the Provost until all approvals are obtained.
- Coordinates with different units to ensure that all newly approved policy and procedures are properly documented and that the latest copies are posted on the Intranet.
- Handles the preparation of the visit of Office of the Provost Consultants, accreditation team (MSCHE and college accreditation teams), candidates for senior positions or guests by coordinating and arranging flights, accommodation, and schedule while on campus and all other activities to be arranged for the guests.
- Monitors and follows-up that all reports are submitted by consultants prior to preparation and arranging of their payment.
- Provides end to end administrative support to the office of the Provost’s Consultants, accreditation teams, candidates for senior positions, and/or guests invited to a University sponsored event or invited by the Office of the Provost - from the time they arrive until they depart.
- Prepares draft consultancy contracts for consultants invited by the Office of the Provost.
- Prepares or drafts memos, campus announcements and other correspondence and arranges that these are communicated to all concerned after Provost’s review and approval.
- Receives all forms of communication addressed to the Provost, screens and provides all important letters to his attention, sends these letters to concerned employees for action as per the Provost’s advice and follow-up on these items to ensure that we provide timely and accurate responses to different business units and organizations.
- Monitors the Office of the Provost’s employees’ vacation records; provides timely advice and guidance to the Provost on employee’s contract renewals, end of probationary periods, performance evaluations and other confidential personnel information that needs the Provost’s immediate attention and action.
- Ensure the effective coordination, operation and organization of the Office of the Provost by establishing and maintaining efficient business and administrative processes, practices and systems.
- Builds professional relationships with senior ZU management, representatives, students, and external leaders in the business, government and the UAE and global community.
- Independently handles a diverse project portfolio and workload, often coordinating efforts through others, delivers service with a sense of urgency to meet time-frames and deliverables.
- Ensures that the Office of the Provost functions as smoothly and efficiently as possible making recommendations and taking action for positive change.
- Develops and prepares complex reports, compiles data, analyzes data and prepares summaries with a high degree of detail focus.
- Demonstrates high level of ability using MS Office and other pc applications: Powerpoint, Word, Excel, and other.
- Proactively identifies issues and priorities bringing to attention of the Provost or others in senior management.
- Plans, organizes and executes effective delivery of programs and events.
- Acts as an ambassador and role model representing the Office of the Provost with professionalism at the highest levels.
- Plans and organizes visits to ZU by selected visitors specifically invited through the Office of the Provost; ensures appropriate protocol is implemented when working with senior officials of government, industry, and higher education.
- Liaises with ZU college and department administrators through Office of the Provost to ensure communication and understanding of projects, directives, etc.
- Attends meetings on behalf of the Office of the Provost, takes minutes of meetings, and follows up on action items.
- Maintains the Provost calendar and schedule.
- Must possess a bachelors degree in Business, Public Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience), Masters Degree preferred plus 7 years relevant professional experience providing executive assistance to a senior business or higher educational leader or leadership team – or an equivalent combination of education, skills or experience.
- Previous experience in an Academic Institution is an asset.
- Demonstrated success in planning, organization and execution of programs, events, service and deliverables.
- High degree of computer competency using email, Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), web-based tools.
- Outstanding written and verbal English skills.
- Sound working knowledge of Zayed University is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Arabic) is an asset.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing allowance, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members. ?
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.