English Faculty Position, College of Education
Zayed University’s College of Education (Abu Dhabi and Dubai) seeks energetic and innovative English faculty able to contribute to the ongoing development of the UAE’s education system through teaching and research. Faculty will contribute to the preparation of graduates who will become exemplary professionals and future leaders able to serve national and regional development in one of the world’s most dynamic countries. Successful candidates will also assist in the planning and implementation of programs in English studies and engage in research and professional development that will and contribute to the international research profile of the university.
The College, accredited by NCATE/CAEP, is charged with the English language development in the college majors.Future plans include the development of English Language and Literature and English Education programs.
The College seeks English faculty at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level with expertise in one of the following areas: Applied Linguistics/Language Studies and Language and Literature.
The positions require that the successful applicants engage in scholarly research, contribute to program and course initiatives, and offer service to the college and the university.
- An earned Doctoral Degree is required. Preference will be given to candidates with university-level teaching backgrounds in English for academic purposes, English for specific academic purposes, second language reading and writing, and content and language integrated learning. Candidates should have a record of publications and a significant research agenda in evidence.
- Candidates must be qualified and experienced in teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Although not a specific requirement, particular consideration will be given to faculty who have experience in international or bilingual environments.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., a housing allowance, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, applicants must also attach a cover letter, a current CV, copies of academic degrees, the names and contact details of three professional referees, a statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy, and a statement of scholarly and creative interests, particularly as they may apply to the Middle East, and as to how they might involve undergraduate students.
Review of applications will continue until the positions are filled.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
More searches like this
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates