Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow, Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics
Classification: Academic Level A / B
Salary package: $73,309 to $113,165 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Fixed term (2 years)
- Develop technology for formation flying satellite interferometry - a key technology for characterising earth like planets.
- Work at Mt Stromlo observatory with a diverse and talented team.
- Become part of the ANU InSpace team, working towards an advanced technology space industry in Australia.
The ANU College of Science (CoS) comprises: the Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics (RSAA), the Research School of Biology, the Research School of Chemistry, the Research School of Earth Science, the Fenner School of Environment and Society, the Mathematical Sciences Institute, the Research School of Physics, and the Centre for the Public Awareness of Science. Staff and students within the ANU College of Science conduct research and delivers a research-led education program that encompasses the entire breadth of the sciences, supported by extensive international networks and by world-class facilities. The College has a strong tradition of research excellence that has fostered distinguished Nobel Laureates and Kyoto Prize winners and that trains scientific leaders in disciplines in which the ANU is consistently ranked in the top twenty in the world.
The successful applicant, as a key member of a specialised team, will develop a cubesat-compatible inter spacecraft metrology system to at least TRL5. This component of the position will take up to 70% of the applicant’s time. The role will include optical design and testing, high-level design of the integration of photonic components into a cubesat compatible mechanical platform. It may also include prototype electronic and software design and integration, and may include mission design and analysis. The applicant will also work on other projects as part of the space instrumentation group at RSAA and conduct independent research.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
For more information about this position please contact Associate Professor Michael Ireland, E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 02 6125 0288.
Closing date: 15 September 2019
Position description: ANU Academic Level A and B PD
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.