Technical Business Analyst
Department: IT Services
Salary: £46,489 - £51,899 per annum (Grade 6)
Location: Mile End
Closing date: 27-Aug-2019
Queen Mary University of London (Queen Mary) is one of the UK’s foremost research-intensive higher education institutions and is ranked fifth for world-leading and internationally excellent research (REF 2014). We have a distinctive and diverse student profile, world leading research across the full spectrum of disciplines, and an international reputation for the quality of our public and community engagement activities.
We are a Russell Group university, operating across five campuses in London and at sites across Europe and Asia.
We are looking for a highly motivated and resilient Technical Business Analyst to join IT Services Projects and Change department to primarily undertake technical business analysis for a range of projects in collaboration with stakeholders within IT Services and the wider university community.
As a Technical Business Analyst, you’ll play an elemental role in translating user requirements and the development of useful, effective and smart platforms that deliver meet the aspiration of Queen Mary University of London Strategy 2030. Bringing an experience in software development and an analytical mind to IT Projects and Change team, you’ll be talented at taking top-level business needs and translating them into well-developed, carefully-considered services. Not just technically talented, you’ll also be comfortable engaging stakeholders at different levels and discussing your work with them – using their language!
You will be responsible for a wide range of vital activities:
- Business and systems architecture analysis activities throughout the life cycle of IT projects i.e. feasibility, analyses, technical requirements gathering, scoping, procurement, solution and supplier evaluation, implementation and post implementation reviews.
- managing documenting complex technical information, processes, procedures and data flows.
- Identifying underlying issues, risks and their causes, evaluating and selecting strategies to achieve long-range project goals, developing decision criteria and considering factors such as cost, benefits, risks, timing, buy-in, QMUL goals and values.
- Identifying skills matrix and digital and process orientated training requirements to deliver effective business change as relevant for: the end users, system administrators and supporting staff
- Recognising opportunities for QMUL, typically involving the application of technology across a very broad technical front and defining initiatives which will exploit such opportunities. Ensuring that business benefits are clearly defined and appropriately quantified alongside outcomes.
- Developing and producing high level technical business models.
- Developing, documenting and implementing technical input to business processes
- Facilitating meetings and workshops.
- Provide stakeholders with technical advice and first-class service when needed
The post is full time and permanent. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, access to a pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Agnieszka Jankowska firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details and to make an application please visit www.jobs.qmul.ac.uk and search for QMUL19496.
The closing date for applications is 27 August 2019.
Interviews are expected to take place shortly afterwards.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality