Internship Officer, College of Natural Health and Sciences
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Internship Officer will support the College Faculty Internship Coordinators on both campuses in all internship, job placement and alumnae related matters.
- Support the College Faculty Internship Coordinators on both campuses in all College student internships, job placements and in the continuing development of the College Alumnae function.
- Collaborate with the Student Careers Office, the College Faculty Internship Coordinators and relevant College administrative personnel to ensure all internship, job placement and alumnae programs are fully supported in the College.
- Researches potential internship placement sites relevant to each of the College’s specializations
- Support the activities of the Faculty Internship Coordinators to increase employment opportunities for College students and alumnae.
- Prepare meaningful and accurate reports or documentation regarding the College’s student internship employment and alumnae details.
- Liaise with the Office for Student Career to ensure the coordination of career related events both University wide and College specific as directed by the Office for Student Success including career fairs, employer days, speakers, employer visits and career related student trips.
- Support Career Education Delivery efforts.
- Support and develop the on-going Career Resource Center promotional effort targeted at students and faculty.
- Support in ensuring that all basic career education documents are in Arabic and English.
- Support the efforts of the Faculty Internship Coordinators on basic career education and decision making within the College.
- Support the Office for Student Success and Faculty Internship Coordinators in providing career information to students through 1:1 sessions and workshops.
- Arrange meetings between the Faculty Internship Coordinators when necessary, providing agenda and supporting documents as well as taking the minutes of the meetings.
- Travels to Dubai during the week to work with the Dubai Faculty Internship Coordinator.
DEGREE OF INDEPENDENCE/COMPLEXITY OF ENVIRONMENT:
- Support the College Faculty Internship Coordinators in career education delivery efforts.
- Works closely with the Careers Counsellor.
- Serves as an assistant to the two College Faculty Internship Coordinators, College Administration, students, their families and alumni.
- Support the College’s efforts to provide career information and advice to students as required.
- Will impart information from the Office for Student Success to employers/students/alumni and play a key liaison role between students and the Office for Student Success opportunity providers under student employment programs.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/IMPACT OF INTERACTIONS:
Reporting to the College Associate Dean and the two Faculty Internship Coordinators (and possibly the Alumni committee based in the College) to support the learning assessment program reviews and accreditation, working in collaboration with Colleges and Units to assess the measurements of accreditation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly Computer literate,
- Familiar with UAE culture, and
- Arabic/English bilingual.
- Communication - Able to share information in an effective and collaborative manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer and Service Focused - Good customer service skills- patient, friendly and efficient. Supportive to students, with a responsible approach.
- Results and Action Orientation - Demonstrates initiative to generate improvements and foster positive outcomes.
- Builds Effective Interpersonal Relationships - Demonstrates interpersonal effectiveness in the workplace.
- Knowledge and Technical Competency - Demonstrates proficiency in technical and job knowledge aspects of the position to achieve high level of performance.
Candidates have to apply through the website. Kindly use the direct link to apply: