Administrative Officer, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide administrative support in coordinating a variety of administrative and operational activities in the college.
- Performs administrative duties for the Dean and Associate/Assistant Dean.
- First point of contact for students and faculty and a variety of internal and external clients and colleagues.
- Receives incoming visitors and phone calls and responds to requests.
- Prepares bilingual Arabic and English correspondence, presentations, reports, agendas, background materials and minutes. Maintains files and stock of informational material for visitors.
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments, notifying attendees of location and time. Coordinates room bookings, equipment and catering for supervisor.
- Collects, screens, distributes mail and prepares outgoing mail and liaises with courier companies for collection, when needed.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Collects, distributes and sends faxes, performs photocopying, maintains working order of the office machinery.
- Maintains updated College faculty databases as well as tracking and retrieving frequently requested.
- Coordinates and liaise events and Conferences under the CHSS and keeps track of faculty PD.
- Maintains student files; responds to student inquiries; maintains database on students.
- Registers the attendance record of the students into the university system in case of faculty‘s absence.
- Assists faculty in exam preparation for students.
- Assist in the implementation and coordination of Digital Badges
- Contributes to special projects when required.
- Must possess a Bachelor degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a secretarial/ administrative role, preferably with senior management or in an educational institution.
- Demonstrated success in planning, organization and execution of programs, events, service and deliverables.
- High degree of computer competency using email, Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), web-based tools.
- Sound working knowledge of Zayed University is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Arabic) is an asset
- Experience working in the academic environment.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.