RSL Program Deputy Director
The Radiological Sciences Laboratory (RSL) at Stanford is seeking to fill the position of Deputy Director, to begin January 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter). The RSL is a section of the Radiology Department that conducts research in areas of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, X-Ray Computed Tomography, Ultrasound Imaging, and MR-Guided Focused Ultrasound. RSL’s primary faculty consists of twelve PhD scientists who collaborate with numerous clinicians and researchers in other departments to develop improved imaging methods for scientific, diagnostic and therapeutic applications.
The RSL is housed in several locations, including the Lucas Center for Imaging, the Grant Science Building, and the Technology and Innovation Campus. Facilities include four whole-body GE MRI systems and the Lucas Service Center (which offers MRI access to hundreds of researchers both within and outside of the Radiology Department), and the Zeego X-Ray Lab, which offers a C-Arm X-ray system.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in multi-PI grant proposals, industry collaboration, and clinical research.
- Liaison within the Radiology Department among other Deputy Directors and Vice Chair of Research
- Increase funding opportunities
- Partner with the RSL Director and RSL faculty on various initiatives:
- Advocate funding for students via education programs and training grant programs
- Evangelize the RSL program through managing the content on the RSL website and promotion and outreach programs
- Philanthropy efforts
- 10-20% initiate own ideas
- Manage visitors
- Space planning
- Data sharing
- 25% Research
Requirements for the job are a PhD or MD/PhD degree, with a minimum of three years at the Research Associate rank or equivalent research scientist experience with evidence of successful teamwork and strong administrative skills.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a fixed term appointment, renewable, 100% FTE
JCC/Title: Deputy Director (6280/-Physical Science Research Scientist)
PI Name and Pos#: Kim Pauly (PN # 00020744)
Job Code: 6280
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84301