Personal Trainer, Student Affairs (Female Only)
The Student Affairs Department is looking for an incumbent for the position of Personal Trainer to teach, instruct and support, fitness and sports activities for female students, and male and female faculty/staff in the facility. To ensure on-going quality activities and programs in the facility.
- Instruct group fitness classes as part of the fitness activities offered by the gym on campus.
- Monitor weight loss and weight gain programs by taking measurements of participants and support the participants with ongoing nutrition and exercise programs.
- Support student recreation and sport activities.
- Collaborate with staff and faculty to plan and administer wellness programs.
- Collaborate with student clubs to facilitate health and wellness programs and create awareness about the value of exercise and proper nutrition on campus.
- Coordinate appropriate use of the facility with sports teams and other groups within the university community.
- Contribute to the plan for on-going use and development of the facility to innovative activities, new fitness concepts and creative sports activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and needed
Must possess relevant certification from an accredited organization, such as from an Institute certified by REPS and approved by Dubai Sports Council and, preferably, have a relevant Bachelor’s degree.
At least 10 years’ experience in personal fitness training, recreation and instructing group fitness classes, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
The candidate must have an energetic outlook on life and be a good fitness role model to students and needs to be able to motivate students to do sports activities and to learn life-long healthy habits.
Other essential requirements:
- Good nutritional knowledge.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience or special training in three different elements of fitness instruction for example, Zumba, body conditioning, Aerobics, spinning, Pilates, boot camp, cross-training etc.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.