Director, Internal Audit
The Internal Audit Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Director, to provide Plans, develops and directs the institutional Internal Audit function, which serves as an independent assurance and advisory activity of the institution’s risk, governance and control processes.
Provides advisory services to senior management and business units on compliance, internal controls, financial, regulatory and accounting policies and guidelines, new systems proposals, and other projects or issues that may arise.
- Provides leadership and direction to ZU Internal Audit function ensuring effective and responsive services, programs and strategies.
- Designs, develops and implements internal audit policy and procedures in the institution to ensure compliance with identified objectives, standards and regulations.
- Interviews, advises and negotiates with mid to executive level of management, including board of visitors, to ensure effective systems for compliance, internal controls, financial, and regulatory processes are in place.
- Spearheads reviews to assure reliability and integrity of financial, legal and regulatory information and the means used to identify measure, classify and report such information.
- Determines the level of compliance with University policies and procedures, UAE federal laws and government regulations.
- Evaluates the accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency of the University's electronic information and processing systems.
- Verifies the existence of University’s assets and assures that proper safeguards are maintained to protect them from losses of all kind.
- Issues periodic reports to senior management summarizing the results of audit activities and findings.
- Leads, manages, recruits, and develops a professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications to meet the University’s audit requirements. Utilizes outside experts, as necessary.
- Builds and manages effective supportive relationship with external auditors.
- Identifies and designs anti-fraud criteria and controls.
Must possess an MBA. Major - Accounting, Business or Finance, Professional Qualification (CA, CPA or CIA). Expert level knowledge of auditing concepts, practices and procedures. A minimum of 15 years of progressive audit experience, of which 5 years should be in a senior leadership role.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries in the U.A.E., Cash housing allowance, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.