Professor/Associate Professor of Medicine, Biomedical Innovation
The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a newly created permanent position as Professor or Associate Professor (depending on academic qualifications) of Biomedical Innovation. The professorship aims to strengthen the strategic innovation efforts and activities at the Faculty of Medicine. The successful applicant will, together with the Deanship at the Faculty of Medicine and the Vice Dean for Innovation, have a central role in developing an overall innovation strategy as well as implement and reinforce innovation activities covering the whole Faculty of Medicine (Institute of Health and Society, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and Institute of Clinical Medicine).
The person appointed will be affiliated with a relevant department at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, depending on the person’s research interests and prior research activities. The part of the academic position normally constituting the teaching part of a professorship will for the present position be dedicated to innovation work. It is expected that the successful applicant devote half of the time for her/his own research, and half of the time should be dedicated to tasks specifically relevant to the position as biomedical innovation professor. With respect to work tasks for the half time spent on innovation activities, reservations are made if subject to change of work tasks and reorganization of the business; cf. Section 12 of the Civil Service Act.
Qualification requirements and personal skills
The applicant should hold a PhD or equivalent in biomedicine or a biomedically-related subject, and have an educational background in medicine/health science or natural sciences such as molecular biology, biochemistry and biotechnology, or other life science background including pharmacy, dentistry and veterinary medicine.
High ambitions and quality are expected in terms of research, innovation and dissemination for the person that will be employed.
It is expected that the person who apply,
- has strong academic weight in their field of research with a clear direction of innovation,
- has an extensive collaboration on research-driven innovation profile in collaboration with international researchers and institutions,
- has extensive knowledge and experiences from innovation, commercialization and / or business development,
- has a good understanding of innovation processes at the university and
- has experiences with teaching and communication about own research and innovation processes.
It is expected that the applicant:
- has a plan for the development of his / her own research and innovation activities, and for obtaining external funds for financing this activity.
- has a high quality research and is expected to publish in excellent peer-reviewed channels, preferably international.
- describes its research and innovation profile.
- describes how the applicant's research and innovation profile is relevant to the institute's and faculty strategic efforts.
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/jobb/stillingsbeskrivelser/2019-583_Professor_or_Associate%20Professor%20%28Biomedical_Innovation%29.pdf
More information and weighting of qualifications is found at https://www.med.uio.no/english/about/vacancies/procedures/
- salary dependig om qualifications NOK 576 100 - 682 200 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Associate professor (position code 1011) or Professor NOK 695 500 - 893 000 (position code 1013)
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
Applications for the academic full-time position must include:
- Cover letter (one-page statement of motivation and research interests)
- Curriculum Vitae (summarizing education, positions, academic work and scientific publications, language qualifications)
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications - i.e. the 10 publications which you would like the adjudicating committee to give the main emphasis in their assessment (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate, https://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. Please note that all documents should be in English.
- Vice-Dean for internationalization and innovation Professor Hilde Irene Nebb, phone number: +47-22845308, mobile phone +47-41552925, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding the online application form please contact senior HR Adviser Heidi Falch Ecklund, email: email@example.com
About the University of Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Deadline: 8th September 2019
Employer: University of Oslo
Place of service: Oslo