Dean, Swinburne Law School
- Provide high-level academic leadership to the Swinburne Law School
- Full time, fixed term position at our Hawthorn campus
- Excellent package including a comprehensive range of benefits
About the Job
In this pivotal leadership role within our Faculty of Business and Law, an exciting opportunity has arisen to lead our Law School as the Dean of Law. This high profile role will contribute to the strategic development and management of the school’s academic offerings, research profile, student experience and external engagement.
You will seek and foster new opportunities for collaboration and partnerships among disciplines within and between faculties, and will be responsible for building the external profile of the school. You will provide support to the Pro Vice-Chancellor in representing the university and faculty in external engagement and research activities relevant to the faculty and related areas of study.
We are looking for a team-orientated individual with an outstanding leadership, research and teaching track record, and strong connections with industry and government.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5000 staff globally. Swinburne offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The University’s mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- An earned doctoral qualification in law or a related field
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise with a wide variety of academics, work within a consultative and team environment, and liaise with senior external members of the profession in industry and government
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of new courses in the relevant law disciplines and to lead and manage staff to deliver innovative course design in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Excellent strategic, analytical and conceptual skills, together with the proven ability to devise and implement strategic plans in a complex organisational environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Participate in regular personal and career development programs
- Paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Private health insurance discounts
Click here for more information on benefits
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application, please click on ‘Apply’.
For further enquires please contact Suzanne Moore, Executive Assistant to the Faculty Pro Vice-Chancellor, the Faculty of Business and Law, on email@example.com.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Applications close on the 9th of September, 2019