Research Assistant, Department of Biological Sciences
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
No. of Position(s): 1
Category (12 months, with possibility of renewal)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Biological Sciences announces 1 part-time (56.55 hours/month) Research Assistant position for the internal research programme Genome evidence of phenotypic divergence mediating reproductive isolation at contact zones funded by the University of Cyprus.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Biology
- Experience in bird song analysis
- Experience with ARCGIS
- Field experience working with birds, preferably in tropical habitats
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis of recordings of Pogoniulus tinkerbirds in Raven Pro
- Mapping phenotypic and distributional data in ARCGIS
- Extraction of remote sensing data from satellites such as MODIS and LANDSAT- associated DNA sequencing and for genome resequencing.
- Scoring plumage characters of Pogoniulus tinkerbirds
- Fieldwork in Africa, including bird ringing, sampling and audio recordings.
The position is on a contract basis of twelve months. The monthly employer cost equals to €749.80. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from this amount. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus.
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF or Word format, via e-mail to Dr Alexander Kirschel email email@example.com by August 31st, 2019, 12:00:
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address and telephone number should be included)
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- The names and contact details of at least two University professors from whom references may be requested
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact Dr Kirschel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Research Assistant, Department of Biological Sciences
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly