Director of Operations, Men's Lacrosse
Responsible for the planning and organizing of the Men’s Lacrosse logistics for the 2019/2020 season. Will work closely with members of the Yale Athletic department to navigate travel, meals, hotel arrangements and general team needs throughout the spring season. Will be responsible for on field video replay and post practice/game film sharing. Will work closely with Yale business department to assist with Men’s Lacrosse budgeting and expenses. Will assist and work closely with social media department to market games and general lacrosse postings. Will assist in camp organization and assistance both on the field as well as pre camp logistics. May perform other duties as assigned.
- In association with Sr. Associate AD and Business Office, develop and monitor the operating budget for a varsity sport program.
- Plan, monitor, make and/or approve all financial decisions for multiple budgetary tasks in the operating budget.
- Assists with monitoring the annual fund in conjunction with the Athletic Alumni Affairs and Development office.
- Oversees the direct day-to-day operations of the program including home games, special events, and both team and recruitment travel.
- Assists in the area of recruiting, assisting the recruiting coordinator with official and unofficial visits.
- Oversees all communication between the program and players’ families.
- Establishes best practices for all activities, policies, and program practices to develop and ensure consistency within the program.
- Acts as liaison and represents the program to all on-campus organizations.
- Acts as liaison to outside organizations including, but not limited to media (sport information), game day officials, Player/Agents, Corporate Relations, highlight video company, etc.
- May serve on alumni, student or other institution committees related to the program.
- May manage a summer job program for members of the team who are in New Haven over the summer.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor degree and two years’ experience in a Division I Varsity sport program. Must have experience coaching, recruiting, and utilizing video equipment. Playing experience at the Division I level, or an equivalent, necessary.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent attention to detail.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Excellent communication skills.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.