Service Desk and Client Support Analyst
Application closing date 22/08/2019
Faculty / School or Service IT Services
Salary £22,667 - £28,668 pro rata per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Professional Services
Full-time, Permanent: Mon-Fri shifts and Part-time Weekend Shifts available
Since 2010, the Coventry University Group has undertaken an evolutionary transformation. Our focus on growth and continuous improvement in teaching, learning, research and internationalisation has seen the University rise rapidly in both the Guardian University Guide and in The Times Higher Education rankings.
Building on our success, the IT Services strategy highlights the strategic priorities for enhancing our education and student experience, our research, our role as a global University and our enterprise and innovation drive. Our recent transformation for IT Services at Coventry University has been designed to support these initiatives and provide an exciting and positive challenge for those who join the team. As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer unparalleled opportunities within the organisation for career development and a competitive benefits package including pension schemes, generous holiday allowances, flexible working, a childcare vouchers scheme, great training, personal and professional development and discounted membership to the University's bespoke GBP 4m sport and recreation centre.
The Service Desk and Client Support Analyst will work as part of the team that provides firstline support, both physical and virtual, to all ITS users. The role will be responsible for being the first point of contact for ITS queries and for managing the resolution and escalation of these queries.
The ideal candidate would have a very high level of customer service experience and ideally past experience working in a IT Service Desk environment. Training will be given where appropriate.
The key responsibilities of the role include but are not exclusive to:
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems,diagnose and solve hardware/software Incidents/problems
- Incident and problem management
- Provide exceptional service support to all users
- Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and requests
- Contribute to polices, processes and procedures
- Work to SLA thresholds for incidents and requests
- Prioritising and managing several open tickets at one time
- Trend Analysis and Problem management
- Establishing a good working relationship with the business and 3rd party's
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to
- Work with a variety of business and technical teams to enhance service
- Supporting Users on both hardware and Software applications
- Administer Active Directory
We are looking for someone that has good general IT knowledge and 1st line analyst skills.
- Previous experience working within a customer-focussed environment
- Excellent telephone manner and good interpersonal skills.
- PC literate with working knowledge of using Email and Microsoft packages.
- Positive 'can do' attitude with the ability to work under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Demonstrates an organised approach to work.
- Strong attention to detail with an articulate and methodical approach.
- Good written skills
- Team Player
Occasionally, there will be a requirement to work flexibly to meet the needs of 24/7 service support.
The shift patterns available for this role is Full-time Monday-Friday 15:30 - 23:59, or Saturday - Sunday 07:30 - 16:00 or Saturday -Sunday 15:30 - 23:59.