Site Services Assistant
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you an experienced Site Services Assistant with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys working on a variety of tasks? Are you flexible and organised? This is the fantastic opportunity you are looking for! CERN, take part!
CERN is looking for a Site Services Assistant to help us serve more than 10,000 users on the Organization’s premises and assist in providing efficient transportation services as well as effective mail distribution. Be a part of the largest particle physics research laboratory on the planet.
The Site Management & Buildings (SMB) Department is responsible for providing, maintaining and renovating the civil engineering structures and infrastructures of the Organization and for operating the site's technical services: supply chain, site services and security. Within the SMB Department we are looking for a person supporting services for the CERN community in the areas of people mobility (regular shuttles, shuttles for visitors, fleet of CERN cars - currently over 800, CERN car sharing - 35 vehicles-, fleet of CERN bikes - over 500) and mail distribution (inbound and outbound for CERN and internal to the Organization).
As a Site Services Assistant, you will provide specialised administrative and operational support for the mobility and mail distribution activities, in compliance with the Organization’s rules and procedures. You will:
- Monitor the operational and administrative processes of mobility and mail distribution with a focus on continuous improvement to increase efficiency.
- Ensure the application of contracts and support the users.
- Proactively manage communication flow.
- Process transactions, book-keeping operations and invoicing requests.
- Carry out regular analysis, controls and reporting.
- Maintain documentation and archives (web pages, internal controls and procedures, databases).
- Assist in any other services activities upon request.
Technical certificate or general secondary education in the field of services, logistics or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience as a service provider, overseeing contractual relationships, including Service Level Agreements.
- Experience supporting transportation services to improve mobility in a community would be an asset.
- Customer service.
- Use of Office software packages.
- Fleet management.
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer need; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Solving problems: producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements; anticipating obstacles; assessing alternative solutions in order to have a fall-back plan.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Building relationships: relating well to all people regardless of category/level within the Organization.
- Demonstrating flexibility: being able to demonstrate flexibility whilst abiding by all applicable rules.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft texts in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.09.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- A valid driving licence.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: SMB-SIS-2019-84-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Process/Services Assistant
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further