Product Set-up Team Leader
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 13/08/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Full time, Permanent role
(Monday to Friday 08:00 – 18.00 shift rota) plus occasional evenings and Saturdays (as per agreed overtime policy)
- To support the effective and efficient setup of products (including qualifications, programmes, courses, CBAs) across Professional Qualifications, Professional Development, Apprenticeships and University.
- To maintain the Product Catalogue with changes during the session as required, including but not limited to date or capacity changes, cancellations, and ad-hoc setting up of shadow courses.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To assist in setting up course products on relevant BPP systems, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- To process any changes to capacity, location or date of courses, as well as any cancellations, ensuring such changes are communicated to relevant parts of the business.
- To answer queries both by phone and email from internal BPP staff.
- To maintain accurate records of all correspondence in regards to set up, ensuring there is a clear and consistent timeline and documented evidence of actions and communications.
- To follow SOX-compliant procedures at all times
- To assist in any data gathering/manipulation activity as required to support the successful setting up of course products.
- To work with operations teams to build data in systems
- To deal with queries, issues and other ad-hoc duties relating to Product Setup.
- To deal with UAT and development of the grading and assessment functionality within BPP
- To deal with attendance marking set up and administration
- To be able to trouble shoot issues and investigate system behaviours
- To perform any other reasonable duties as instructed by the Product Setup Manager.
- To oversee the work of the product Set Up team, ensuring work is appropriately delegated and that staff are appropriately deployed and, in particular, have the appropriate expertise and skill in the use of the any specialist software as required.
- To manage staff resources throughout the year, planning for peaks and making sure the team is resourced correctly at all times.
- To build and maintain a strong team ethos of professionalism, accountability and loyalty through application of coaching, performance, and general management skills.
- To identify ongoing coaching and training needs of the team and ensure that these are met.
- To maintain excellent professional working relationships with key stakeholders.
- To deal with queries, issues and other ad-hoc duties relating to the University Scheduling team.
- To deputise for the Product Set up Manager in respect of University Scheduling issues where necessary.
- To perform any other reasonable duties as instructed by the Product Set Up Manager
Knowledge, experience and skills required
- Well organised and self-disciplined with the ability to prioritise under pressure – sometimes to short deadlines.
- Able to build good working relationships across all levels.
- Able to work in a team and independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Computer literate.
- Systems/database experience
- Excellent people-management skills, and the ability to train and lead a team into delivering successful results.
- Customer service experience.
- In depth knowledge of BPP products and services.
- Higher education knowledge and experience