Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Adelaide Nursing School
(Level A) $68,912 - $92,796, (Level B) $97,577 - $115,495 or (Level C) $119,070 - $136,990 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation may apply.
Multiple full-time, fixed term Associate Lecturer (Level A), Lecturer (Level B) and Senior Lecturer (Level C) roles available
Positions will be fixed term for three (3) years with a possibility of extension subject to funding availability and performance
Unique opportunity to join our team in helping to make a difference to health care and contributing to the University’s strategic future making plan.
With a high level of hands-on practical experience in both simulation and real health care settings, our aim is to equip our students to manage patient care, education and health promotion and advocacy.
We are seeking academic staff who are innovative with their teaching methods and passionate about preparing the next generation of health care professionals. Candidates with experience in any nursing field are encouraged to apply.
To be successful you will need:
Associate Lecturer - Level A
- Hold an unrestricted practicing certificate with AHPRA to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- A Bachelor of Nursing and post graduate qualifications in nursing and/or education
- Demonstration of commitment to student centred learning
- Experience in managing small and large group teaching
- Proven record of effective team work and communication across diverse health care settings
Lecturer - Level B, in addition to the above you will also need:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, demonstrations and workshops; as well as marking and assessment activities; and a commitment to excellence in teaching
- Demonstrated experience in course coordination and the management of teaching and learning resources and staffing, including experience in the development of innovative teaching methods and curriculum
- Demonstrated expertise in nursing education at postgraduate and undergraduate level
- Postgraduate qualifications of at least Graduate Diploma within a field relevant to Nursing
- Doctorate/PhD or committment to study a Doctorate/PhD in Nursing
Senior Lecturer - Level C, in addition to the above you will also need:
- A PhD qualification in a relevant area or equivalent accreditation and standing
- Experience in the development of innovative teaching methods and curriculum that incorporates new technologies such as simulation
- A strong research track record of peer-reviewed publications at a national and international level
- Demonstrated academic and management leadership skills, including the ability to mentor less senior academic, research and professional staff
- Significant role in research projects including, where appropriate, leadership of a research team
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of five schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: nurses; medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria.
Applications close 111:55 pm, 8 September 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Associate Professor Judy Magarey
Acting Head - Adelaide Nursing School
P: +61 (8) 8313 0511
For application related queries, contact:
Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences HR
Click on the link below to find a full selection criteria: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.