Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Health Behaviour Change/EHealth and MHealth
- Fixed Term (3 years), Full Time
- School of Health Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Rockhampton (generous relocation packages available)
- Total Remuneration $89,334 to $97,491 pa (inclusive of cash salary + 17% super + 12.96% leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Work as part of the Physical Activity Research Group (PARG) to advance the science of physical activity and related health behaviours. PARG is one of Australia’s leading research groups examining innovative e- & mHealth promotion interventions and are world-renowned for the 10,000 Steps program with 400,000 online members. PARG regularly attracts NHMRC, NHF and ARC grants and fellowships.
In close liaison with the PARG Leader, Professor Corneel Vandelanotte, you will conduct research in the area of physical activity with a focus on the development and evaluation of e- & mHealth interventions that apply artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning driven approaches to help people be more physically active. You will conduct analysis and preparation of manuscripts for publication, based on data from intervention studies and population health datasets, and will prepare and submit fellowship and grant proposals.
Ranked within the top 2% of worldwide universities, CQUniversity's reputable research community operates at, above or well-above world standards across 22 research categories (including public health research). Relish in the opportunity to make a meaningful impact by developing new knowledge while working alongside world-leading researchers and using state-of-the-art facilities. Allow our generous relocation packages to move you to the very liveable Rockhampton – or coastal Yeppoon – for the next career chapter in your career.
- Postgraduate qualification (PhD essential) in behavioural sciences, health psychology, or a related discipline.
- Experience with development and evaluation of behavioural e- and mHealth based interventions.
- Experience with and a good understanding of artificial intelligence/deep learning will be an advantage.
- A strong record of publications in high quality peer reviewed journals as a lead author.
- Proven ability to undertake comprehensive investigative research work, demonstrating expertise and skill in research methods.
- Demonstrated ability to independently undertake statistical analysis using cross-sectional and longitudinal data sets in the area of computer and behavioural science.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 8 September 2019
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33270
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.