Professor of Accounting
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Hobart
- Play a key role in TSBE’s vision of impactful research, teaching and engagement
The Tasmanian School of Business and Economics (TSBE) provides world-class teaching and research, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs across our Tasmanian and Sydney campuses, including programs within China and Hong Kong.
The Professor of Accounting, reporting to the Head of School is a key academic leadership position incorporating research, teaching and engagement. The Professor has a strong focus towards research contributions with the inclusion of external grants and higher degree research student supervision. This position plays a key role in the ongoing development of an active and engaged staff group.
- Provide leadership to achieve high-level University objectives and responsibilities
- Undertake high-quality research, secure funding and publish research findings
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate and postgraduate coursework teaching of an exemplary quality
- Provide exemplary academic leadership in fostering outstanding research and learning and teaching
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of productive and effective links
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field
- Membership with one of the accounting professional bodies
- An outstanding record in and commitment to research that has achieved international recognition
- Capacity to build successful research teams
- An outstanding record of successful research higher degree student supervision and completions
- Extensive experience and achievement in University-Level learning and teaching
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level E and will have a total remuneration package of up to $210,344 comprising base salary of $176,256 to $179,781 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Lisa McManus, Co-Head of School, Lisa.McManus@utas.edu.au or 6226 1574.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 8 September 2019, 11:55 pm