Associate Director, Public Service and Inclusion and Diversity Education Office
The Inclusion and Diversity Education Office and the Haas Center for Public Service seeks a dynamic Associate Director who will implement programs for students interested in addressing diversity and inclusion issues and public service in residential life and in the broader community. This position will report to the Managing Director of the Inclusion and Diversity Education Office.
The Inclusion and Diversity Education Office provides campus leadership for students, faculty and staff to consciously and actively affirm intersectional identities and foster intergroup relationships. Through research, forums, classes and workshops, we build student capacity and confidence to experience a sense of belonging and develop authentic connections with people from different backgrounds.
The Haas Center for Public Service inspires Stanford University to realize a just and sustainable world through service, scholarship, and community partnerships. It is the hub of Cardinal Service, a university-wide initiative to elevate and expand service as a distinctive feature of a Stanford education.
You will oversee development and implementation of Stanford University’s Emerson Peace and Justice Fellowship (EPJF) initiative, aimed at preparing a new generation of ethical and effective civic leaders to tackle one of our most complex and intransigent problems: inequality. The goal of the EPJF initiative is bring together resources from multiple units across campus to facilitate a dialogue-to-action pathway that helps undergraduate students build skills and habits that will nurture a lifelong commitment to public service.
The Associate Director will also develop and implement new training modules to help residential undergraduates build meaningful intergroup relations and enhance the capacity of the campus to engage in thoughtful interactions around issues of inclusion, intersectionality, and identity.
Each day will bring a new set of exciting challenges, as you:
- Manage all aspects of the pilot programs including program development, selection of cohorts and facilitators, implementation, evaluation, data tracking, reporting on program outcomes, and recommendations for continuous improvement and future program innovations. Direct the work of staff and students, training them on various frameworks and student management best practices.
- Develop year-long curriculum and programming for two programs using diversity, inclusion and public service frameworks.
- Design and facilitate a range of inclusion workshops, activities, and training for students, staff and faculty in residences, staff offices, academic settings and more.
- Train students and staff to facilitate inclusion workshops and activities.
- Provide direct advice to students on diversity, inclusion and public service issues in regards to community standards and practices.
- Engage students with advanced technical and professional knowledge of Intergroup Dialogue practices, conflict navigation, and cultural counseling to address intergroup conflict.
- Consult and advise internal and external organizations; act as subject matter expert in the field of diversity and inclusion; ensure that training programs are informed by current research literature related to diversity and inclusion.
- Develop report requirements, portals, and student facing communications.
- Manage outreach programs, relationships with external community and university liaisons.
- Develop and manage program budgets.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience that includes advanced experience developing and implementing training curricula related to diversity, equity, inclusion, intergroup dialogue, and public service theory
- Demonstrated experience successfully working with student-facing programs
- Advanced presentation and communication skills to clearly and effectively provide information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Advanced project management, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of financial transactions
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- A Master’s degree
- Advanced facilitation skills
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Job Title: Student Services Officer 3
Job Code: 7503
Job Code: 7503
Employee Status: Fixed-Term
Requisition ID: 84257