Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Early Career Fellowship
Division/School Academic Faculties
Contract type Fixed Term Contract
Working pattern Full time
Salary Starting salary £33,199 - £42,036 per annum 2018/2019
Closing date for applications 02-Oct-2019
The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute at the University of Bristol is seeking to support early career researchers who wish to develop towards independent research careers. Our fellowship scheme is for individuals who already hold a PhD at the time of application, and who wish to conduct research and to apply for externally-funded fellowships (or similar) to be held at Bristol. These fellowships are designed for early career researchers to launch them onto independence and the level of position reflects this. We ask that applicants and sponsors pay close attention to the suitability and eligibility criteria.
We offer a salaried position at the University of Bristol. This will be at Research Associate or Senior Research Associate level with a fellowship period of up to 12 months (The fellowship can be undertaken on a part-time basis and in that instance the term of the fellowship can be extended accordingly as long as the role is completed by September 2021). The position is designed to enable you to deliver high quality research outputs and to apply to external funders. You will work alongside one or more academic sponsors to help you to develop your research vision. During the fellowship you will be able to take part in high quality career and personal development opportunities at the University of Bristol.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- have completed their PhD in a relevant area at the time of application.
- have a strong record of research output delivery (e.g. publications) in keeping with their years of experience and their research field.
- be eligible to apply for external fellowship or equivalent funding based at the University of Bristol and should plan to do so within the period of their Elizabeth Blackwell Institute fellowship.
- should have a clear plan of work for the period of the fellowship.
- should plan to work on a topic aligned to areas of strength in health-related research at the University of Bristol. Note that strengths are across all Faculties and comprise biomedical and health research (broadly construed), including research in Medical Humanities and Social Sciences.
- must secure support from an academic sponsor and the Head of the host School at the University as part of their application process.
There is a 2 stage application process, for full information, please see: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/blackwell/funding/early/
You must upload the following two documents as part of your online application by 11.59pm on 2nd October 2019:
- A Stage 1 application form (attached below), inlcuding sponsor statement and your case for support. This must be submitted in the “Covering Letter” section of the online application form.
- A short 4 page CV, including publications (please only include publications that are already published or in press/accepted for publication; publications under review may be stated on your application form) This must be submitted in the “Upload CV” section of the online application form.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com
Selected applicants will be invited for interview in mid-January 2020.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.