Senior Lecturer, Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Bundoora West Location
- $118, 291 - $136, 401+17% Super
- Continuing, Full-Time Position
About the role and college/portfolio:
The Senior Lecturer will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School and will be aligned to the Discipline of Human Biosciences. More specifically, you will be responsible for undertaking teaching activities using a range of delivery modes including face-to-face, blended, simulated or online learning as pedagogically appropriate for our undergraduate and Masters programs. You may have the responsibility for program management and will have experience with course coordination and development.
The School of Health and Biomedical Sciences comprises three Academic Clusters (Allied Health, Applied Health, and Biomedical Sciences). Many of our programs include Work Integrated Learning as an intrinsic part of student learning, both through placements in partner industries and through the Universitys student led Health Sciences Clinic located at Bundoora.
- Ability to coordinate large Physiology and/or Anatomy courses and prepare and delivery programs at undergraduate levels.
- Experience/aspiration in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- Knowledge in crafting, conducting and moderating assessments and implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with colleagues and senior executives and contribute to outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Add information about the team culture here (1-2 sentences OR VMJ)
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
Bring your whole self to work:
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest for this role.
Applications close on September 5th 2019.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.