Teaching Support Officer
- Support the establishment and maintenance of blended and online learning
- Full-Time, continuing role based at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $77,999 - $84,155 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
In this role you will provide day-to-day operational support to academic staff in the establishment and maintenance of blended and online learning environments. You will provide training, advice and assistance to academic staff with limited skills in online teaching to set up effective online and blended learning environments. You will apply professional and quality service standards which focus on improving teaching and learning in online environments and create and build self-help guides and resources to assist staff.
You will possess demonstrated evidence of the following:
- An undergraduate degree with at least 3 years subsequent experience in educational design and/or technology enhanced learning;
- Demonstrated breadth of expertise in the provision of support for blended and online teaching and learning developed through extensive and effective relevant experience;
- Demonstrated ability to gain a conceptual understanding of teaching and learning policies, procedures and systems and interpret and apply these in different disciplinary contexts;
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of effective advice, coaching and motivation of academic staff;
- Proven analytical and problem solving capability, including the ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes;
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, ePortfolio Systems, virtual classroom technology and other commonly used educational technologies.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Thursday 22nd August 2019
Position Enquiries: Ken Johnson, Senior Coordinator Teaching Support & Design, LTLT + 61 3 9479 1907 / email@example.com
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
This position is open to people with valid full-time working rights in Australia.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Advisor, Alyssa Brabender on +61 (03) 9479 1102
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 558562 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.