Internal Audit Manager
Application closes on 21.8.2019
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and a staff of more than 4000, of which 400 are professors. Our campus is located in Espoo, Otaniemi.
Aalto University Foundation is now looking for an
Internal Audit Manager
Aalto University is facing new opportunities and risks, with emerging new business and funding models in research, education and innovation, as well as in our strategic enablers – digitalization, services and campus. We are now looking for an experienced professional to develop our Internal Audit and Risk Management function, to provide value added to our board and top management with internal audit and risk management - and do this with a strong development mindset.
Your role and goals
Your main area of responsibility is to plan and conduct financial, operational and IT internal audit projects according to the Aalto University’s annual internal audit plan. You also co-ordinate the university’s annual risk evaluation process and follow-up of risk mitigation plans together with risk owners. In addition, you support and participate in special projects, which focus on financial, operational, IT, compliance, strategic or reputational risks. Important part of your role is to act as pro-active sparring partner in the development of operations and processes of the university. You participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and best practices in your area of responsibility and your recommendation help to improve the university’s risk management and internal process, procedures and policies.
You always look for the benefit of whole Aalto University and work with high integrity. Being a great communicator, you are skilled in coaching the organization. You have excellent collaboration and influencing skills and believe that the cleverest solutions are often found, when working tightly together with others.
You report to the Aalto University Board and its Audit Committee and administratively to the Head of Legal.
Your experience and ambitions
In order to succeed in this job, you need to have:
- A master’s degree majoring in business administration, accounting, finance, economics, industrial engineering or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in internal audit, business control or business development, preferably at corporate, university or other public or non-profit sector or accounting firm;
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and risk management;
- Professional certification e.g. CIA etc. would be an asset;
- Ability to work independently on demanding tasks and ability to learn quickly;
- Professional and systematic working style, excellent analytical skills;
- Solution oriented and a constructive team player attitude;
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of management;
- Strong interest in university strategy and its competitiveness and performance drivers;
- Excellent written and verbal command of English, fluency in Finnish is seen as an asset.
What we offer
We are committed in ambitiously building a better world and offer you a chance to participate and contribute to realizing our vision as a member of our team. We offer you a versatile and challenging position in a multi-cultural academic environment where you will have a great opportunity to develop your professional skills. The position is permanent. Our community in the evolving and lively Otaniemi campus in Espoo is a buzzing collaboration hub, giving you opportunities to be inspired and learn something new every day.
Join us to shape the future!
If you want to join our community of bold thinkers, please submit your application through our recruitment system by using the link on Aalto University’s web page ("Apply now!”) by 21.08.2019. For more information, please contact Head of Legal, Kristiina Kemetter (tel. +358 40 522 1887) preferably on 15.08.2019 at 13.00-14.00 or CFO Marianna Bom (tel. +358 50 575 3762) preferably on 09.08.2019 at 13.00-14.00.
To apply, please share the following application materials with us: CV, cover letter, list of referees, and any other information that proves your qualification for the open position.
More about Aalto University: