Deputy Director, Public Affairs
Classification: Senior Manager 3 (Administration)
Salary package: $139,010 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing
- Provide strategic leadership, supervision, direction and guidance to the multidisciplinary public affairs team;
- Advance community and stakeholder understanding of ANU through the management of engagement and related communications activities;
- Provide strategic and high quality advice and support to the University Executive, and senior staff within Colleges and Divisions on matters related to public affairs.
The ANU Strategic Communications and Public Affairs (SCAPA) division tells the ANU story. SCAPA contributes to achieving the University's strategic goals by shaping public opinion, fostering ANU engagement and critical relationships, harnessing pride within the institution, and showcasing ANU excellence.
As the Deputy Director, Public Affairs you will provide effective leadership, supervision, direction and guidance to the recently expanded multidisciplinary portfolio incorporating;
- Major Events, VIP and Protocol
- Government Relations
- Corporate Publications and Internal Communications
You will be a highly experienced leader in communications and public affairs, with a proven ability to manage teams through cultural transformation and development. You will have experience providing assistance and advice to senior executive staff on strategic communications. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing proactive engagement with the community and government.
As the ideal candidate, you will be a committed, creative thinker who can provide strategic leadership and management in a challenging and rewarding environment. You will possess a broad expertise in communications management, and a background in the government and/or tertiary sector will be highly regarded.
For more information please contact Ed O’Daly, Director, Strategic Communications and Public Affairs
T: (02) 6125 8399
Closing date: 1 September 2019
Position description: Deputy Director, Public Affairs SM3 PD
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.