Project Management Office Support Analyst
3 days left
- Full Time
Department: IT Services
Salary: £33,615 - £39,483 (Grade 4)
Location: Mile End
Closing date: 20-Aug-2019
Queen Mary University of London (Queen Mary) is one of the UK’s foremost research-intensive higher education institutions and is ranked fifth for world-leading and internationally excellent research (REF 2014). We have a distinctive and diverse student profile, world leading research across the full spectrum of disciplines, and an international reputation for the quality of our public and community engagement activities.
We are a Russell Group university, operating across five campuses in London and at sites across Europe and Asia.
We are looking for a highly motivated and resilient PMO Support Analyst to join IT Services to primarily undertake support, control and monitoring of projects and programmes, including communication of project and departmental information as assigned and within a project management framework based on Prince2 and AgilePM®.
IT Services provides a variety of services to the University such as project management, infrastructure, application/development, support, research and relationship/account management for staff and students. The University recognises that investment in IT is needed to match staff and students expectations and remain competitive in the Higher Education sector.
The IT Project Team, within IT Services, provides in-house project management support. The team is based at Mile End but works across all University campuses.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Some IT Project support including procurement, document management, managing finance, reporting, secretariat, chasing and collating project information
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team in a busy environment
- Experience in requisition and processing invoices
- Preparing briefings, workshops and training courses
- Experience in dealing with external suppliers
- Experience of arranging and assisting with Board Meetings
- Ability to understand financial processes and reports
- Excellent written, verbal and numeracy skills
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- A high level of IT literacy especially in the following: MS Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Power Point and PowerBI
- Be familiar with Projects and the phases in an IT project
The post is full time and fixed term for 12 months and can be offered as a Secondment . Benefits include 30 days annual leave, pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Agnieszka Jankowska email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 20 August 2019. Interviews are expected to take place shortly afterwards.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality