At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Great technology needs great people! Are you a self motivated Administrative Assistant with strong organizational and customer-service skills? Join a team of assistants and provide a seamless service to the department. CERN, take part!
This position will be attached to the Technology Department (TE), which is responsible for technologies specific to the existing particle accelerators, facilities and future projects.
More information on the TE department can be found here: http://te-dep.web.cern.ch/
As an Administrative Assistant in the General Services section of the Projects, Planning and Resources Group, you will join a team of assistants and participate in the daily management of a Group Secretariat - with special emphasis on information, communication and organizational services.
By applying relevant CERN rules and procedures, you will:
- Welcome various categories of Members of Personnel upon their arrival at CERN.
- Provide information and ensure-the application of the Organization’s rules and procedures.
- Process information in the form of e-mails, letters, minutes, procedures and presentations.
- Seek and receive official information; provide assistance for document drafting, editing, proof-reading, follow-up, distribution, archiving and updating by using the appropriated tools.
- Provide personal assistance (managing diaries, incoming and outgoing phone calls, e-mails, official duty trips, meetings).
- Organise events (conferences, workshops, etc).
- Replace other assistants during their absences.
Higher administrative diploma in the field of administration, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-tasking administration as a first line support for a large community of customers in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation of rules and procedures as well as in their application.
- Proven experience in using a diverse set of modern office computing tools and in maintaining and archiving data and documents.
- Event organisation and management.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and procedures.
- Archiving and records management.
- Customer service.
- Use of Office software packages: in particular the use of MS Office and web pages editors.
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented; expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft and/or translate accurate texts in one of the languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 03.09.2019.
Contract type: limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: TE-PPR-AGS-2019-81-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Personal/Team Assistant
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further