Research Assistant, Institute of Public Policy and Administration
6 days left
- Full Time
Department: Institute of Public Policy and Administration
Deadline: 22 August 2019
Summary of Position
The Research Assistant will assist with implementing research, training and dissemination activities of projects at the University of Central Asia's Institute of Public Policy and Administration (IPPA).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the Research Assistant include to:
- Assist IPPA project staff to perform various functions, including project support, document drafting and research assistance;
- Collect and process qualitative and quantitative information related to the economic and social development of the Central Asian countries through desk research and relevant communications with national and international stakeholders;
- Draft research papers and reports as required;
- Update material on a regular basis for the Institute’s databases;
- Assist IPPA staff with different logistical and organisational activities;
- Other tasks relevant to IPPA as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in working on research projects is desirable
- BA or MA degree in the field of economics or public policy and administration.
- Familiar with MS Office applications and organisational software. Knowledge of statistical/other professional software would be an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills particularly in dealing with people from different backgrounds on a day to day context.
- Fast paced, responsive, anticipative, good attention to details, organised, and systematic.
- Fluent in written and spoken Russian and English. Knowledge of Kyrgyz would be an asset.
According to the interview results.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 22nd 2019. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Research Assistant”.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan) are encouraged to apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.