Special Scientist, Department of Computer
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
No. of Position(s): 1
Category: 1 Year Contract (subject to renewal)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The research laboratory of Software Engineering and Internet Technologies (SEIT) of the Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, announces one full time position:
- Special Scientist (Research/Development): 140 hours/month
The selected candidate will work as a researcher and developer on Erasmus+ and other EU funded projects that the SEIT lab coordinates or participates as a partner. In addition, the position requires from the candidate to be able to travel for Meetings. The candidate will also participate in research tasks on the application of ICT technologies in those projects.
SEIT focuses its research activities on two important areas of Information Technology, namely Software Engineering and Internet Technologies. More information can be found in the SEIT Lab website: www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/seit.
The candidate is expected to be a highly-motivated individual with proven capability to work in a demanding multi-disciplinary research environment and eager to be actively engaged in the demanding activities of European projects, collaborating efficiently with the SEIT research team.
Minimal requirements include:
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Knowledge and experience on Web technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge in UNITY or similar technologies will be considered an advantage.
- Expertise in design and development of e-learning platforms and experience with Web Frameworks and Content Management Systems (CMS) will be considered an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will need to work on requirements analysis, web platform design and development for the projects that the SEIT Lab is involved. Moderate Travelling is needed.
The position is on a contract basis of one year, subject to renewal. The monthly employment cost is equal to € 1600-1700 depending on qualifications. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from the above amount.
The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus.
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF format, via e-mail to:
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address and telephone number should be included).
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s).
- The names and contact details of at least two University professors from whom references may be requested.
Application deadline is the 30 of August 2019.
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact:
Christos Mettouris (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Alexandros Yeratziotis
Office Telephone: +357-22892684