Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 6/7 (Administration)
Salary package: $80,756 - $92,957 per annum plus 17% Superannuation - A salary loading may be considered for a highly suitable candidate.
Terms: Full Time, Continuing
ANU has an international reputation for research and education relevant to the health and well-being of the population of Australia, as well as that of the developing world. This is achieved through discovery research, applied research in health service settings, research-led teaching in health and medical sciences, and the translation of research findings into practice and policy. The ANU College of Health and Medicine comprises the Research School of Psychology, the ANU Medical School, the John Curtin School of Medical Research and the Research School of Population Health. These schools work together to deliver world-class research and education across the spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, working in partnership with the health sector at local, national and international levels.
The ANU Medical School educates and develops medical graduates who practise medicine with compassion, conscience and professional excellence and with a knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and culture. The School partners with a number of healthcare organisations to deliver clinical teaching and training including ACT Health, Calvary Healthcare ACT, and community practices throughout the ACT, south eastern region of NSW and in remote NT. The Medical School is committed to extending the boundaries of medical knowledge and improving the health system through research, and to providing students with a research led educational experience. Research is conducted over range of disciplines, spanning basic science, clinical medicine and implementation into policy and practice. Collaborations extend beyond ANU medical and health sciences, to other universities, governments and communities in the region as well as industry bodies, attracting national and international researchers and higher degree research candidates.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies to promote the educational and research achievements of the School.
- Create communications campaigns including:
- Identifying stories of public interest;
- Writing and designing website content; and
- Managing social media channels.
- Support and coordinate outreach and industry engagement activities; and
- Design and produce promotional material across a broad range of media.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to engage with a wide range of people including academics, doctors and students;
- The ability to adapt to changing requirements;
- Strong self-motivation and be a team player;
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills; and
- Strong storytelling skills including the ability to write for different audiences.
For further information please contact, Katrina Chapple, School Manager, T: 6125 2198, E: Katrina.Chapple@anu.edu.au
Closing date: 9 am, 25 August 2019
Position description: Marketing & Communications Coordinator ANU Officer 6/7 PD
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, click here
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If you CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.