Associate Dean Health and Sciences
1 day left
- Full Time
- Contribute to the strategic direction of VET programs
- Fixed-term position until December 2019
- Senior Educator Level 3 plus super, based at RMITs City Campus
RMIT University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in professional and vocational education, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the community.
The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences offers a diverse range of certificate, diploma and sub-bachelor programs, and provides opportunities for students to extend their learning across the entire spectrum of vocational and higher education both within the College and beyond. With strong education links to industry, the school conducts a number of large-scale training contracts.
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
Details about the College may be found at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
The Associate Dean provides leadership and strategic direction for a suite of VET programs and is responsible for leading and managing the Program Managers to manage the development and renewal of the curriculum for courses designated in the area of the respective programs. The position is responsible for assuring program and course quality and relevance within the University policies and external compliance requirements, whilst also developing and implementing programs that improve the student academic experience.
You will be responsible for leading VE capability development to facilitate innovative education responses to trends in the VE market and to realign the Schools offerings and delivery modes to local VE priorities. You will ensure that the programs follow regulatory requirements including TEQSA, Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), and other regulatory authorities. Whilst working collaboratively with the Deputy Dean, you will provide strategic leadership in the Schools engagement with industry through managing strong working relationships with enterprises, industry and sector organisations, employers/employer bodies, and other providers and partners.
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills by providing leadership across the relevant programs and expertise that will contribute to improved, industry-relevant program offerings for students.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the vocational education sector in Australia and of the training requirements of relevant industries and demonstrated ability to engage with industry to develop VE solutions.
- High level interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiating skills including the ability to consult, network and build relationships within the organisation and externally.
- Demonstrated understanding of University systems in regards to budget management, quality maintenance and good governance.
- Proven understanding of business and productivity drivers in VET and experience in managing high volume programs and the associated cost controls
- A relevant Degree and/or significant Industry experience, and a recognised Diploma of Education or equivalent teacher/training qualification.
To view a position description, please see below or for further information please contact Executive Dean, Vocational Education, Engineering, Health and Science Arvind Sharma on +61399254704
Applications close 11:55 pm on Sunday 18 August 2019.
Applicants must hold a professional teaching qualification, defined as a qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 5 Diploma (TAE50111 Diploma of VET) or above which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent qualification accepted by the University.
Applicants are requested to provide a current CV, a letter outlining their suitability to the role, and evidence (transcript) of TAE qualifications.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.