Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Conduct research activities to achieve project objectives and goals
- Technical report and research paper writing
- Support MSc and/or PhD students working on the project
How To Apply
- PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering and an established track record evident by publication in top quality journals. Candidate should have a minimum of two IEEE/IET Transactions papers accepted or published.
- Expertise / strong background in one or more areas: power systems operation and control, smart grids/microgrids, and/or control theories.
- Expertise / strong background in power system analysis, modeling and simulation
- Expertise in Matlab/Simulink and/or PSCAD.
- Expertise in Real-time Simulation using OPAL-RT is of great assist.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)