Head of Business Development
Closing date: 05/08/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Law School -Law School
Proactively secure and convert new business opportunities for the Law School, particularly in relation to the changes in legal education and training for graduates and the new programmes we are developing to meet those changes.
In 2021, the training and qualification regime for future solicitors will change, with the introduction of the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the phasing out of the LPC and PSC. The future training of aspirant barristers is also changing. The market will require a whole new range of educational and training solutions, and BPP Law School is well advanced in its planning of its future programmes to meet these changing requirements.
BPP has an impressive list of client law firms, and many of them will want to evaluate the options open to them in the run up to the changes in regulation and may even be required by their own internal policies to go out to tender for their future business. There are also a number of other law firms who currently do not use BPP for their training needs and who, equally, are likely to be seeking the best solution for them going forwards.
BPP is uniquely positioned to create opportunities in this changing environment, and in order to do so and to be able to capitalise on them, this new role has been created.
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Development, the post holder will be required to work with a wide range of stakeholders, across the Law School and the wider BPP, as well as externally. In the eyes of many clients, the post holder will be the face of BPP.
Working in collaboration with the Director of Business Development, Head of Client services and the BD team, the Law School and wider BPP, the post holder will:
- Identify key opportunities to increase the client base and build key relationships in target firms to win their business
- Achieve personal / BD targets and KPI’s set by the Director of Business Development
- Ensure all client activity is up to date within Salesforce
- Draft appropriate and detailed tender documentation, liaising with the Marketing team as required to deliver highly professional assets
- Pitch effectively for client business across to include preparing visual aids and other supporting assets
- Establish and build senior relationships within existing clients, identify and leverage new business opportunities and win that new business
- Establish a network with strategic third parties, e.g. the SRA and BSB, the Law Society and JLD, the LETG and the CLLS.
- Promote support and attend local networking activities
- Work with marketing department to ensure activities to support client engagement are coordinated and integrated
- Support the “One BPP” brand and “Never stand still” principles in all client activity
- Ensure you are fully up to date with BPP Law School programmes, products and services
- Provide regular client feedback and competitor insight
- Report on trends, developments, challenges and new opportunities
- Support the launch of new initiatives and products.
For the role requirements, please refer to the full job description