Research Worker, Precision Livestock
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- $44.72 to $50.30 per hour
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Join CQUniversity’s well-renowned Precision Livestock Management team – recognised as the national leader in the field of sensor and data driven livestock research. With strong links to industry, and producer participation in our trials, our research program has a strong emphasis on being relevant to industry needs and delivering practical solutions to the challenges producers face. Our area of speciality is testing new and emerging technologies to improve on-farm welfare, profitability and productivity outcomes.
In this role, you will work alongside Associate Professor Mark Trotter and will provide technical support to the PLM team in the development and deployment of on-animal sensors systems including GPS tracking collars and accelerometer ear tags. Within state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and the notorious Belmont Research Station, you will liaise with producer partners to undertake research using on-animal sensor systems and analyse collected data to contribute to insightful reporting.
This is your opportunity to enrich your research experience in the heart of Australia’s Beef Capital and get your foot in the door at Australia’s fastest growing Universities to jump start your career in research. Take the first step and apply today without hesitation.
- Bachelor or Honours level qualification (or working towards completion of qualification).
- An awareness and understanding workplace health and safety practices and legislation.
- Experience in livestock management and handling.
- Experience working with research animals and animal ethics protocols and experience in electronics and sensor systems is considered highly desirable.
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for the role:
- Cover Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and current resume
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 18 August
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33197
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.