Special Scientist Position, Department of Accounting and Finance
Department of Accounting and Finance
Number of Positions: One (1)
Employer: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
Category: Contract (4 months renewable up to 10 months)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
Salary: In the range of €800 to €1200 per month depending on qualifications (Employer Cost)
The Department of Accounting and Finance, of the University of Cyprus is accepting applications to fill one (1) vacancy at the position of Special Scientist for full-time or parttime employment for the start up funding programme “Informational Efficiency of Prices.” The length of the employment is four months starting mid-September 2019, with the possibility of an extension for another 4 to 6 months in the Spring of 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Database management: transfer of very large data (Big Data) such as trade and quote market microstructure data from electronic databases and sources into usable formats for statistical packages such as SAS (preferred) or STATA.
- Statistical analysis of data
Candidates must hold a degree or postgraduate degree in Finance or Economics or Statistics or Computer Science related field. Fluency in English is also required.
Knowledge and experience in data management (of large data) Statistical Methods and / or Econometrics and related software programmes (for example SAS) is preferred.
The monthly salary for employment will be determined based on qualifications and/or whether this will be a full-time or part-time employment and will be in the range of €800 to €1200 (employer cost). From this amount, employer and employee contributions to the various Governmental Funds and medical coverage (GHS) as well as any income tax will be deducted. 13th salary is not provided.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- Extended CV in English or Greek
- Copies of diplomas and academic transcripts
- Names of three people who would be willing to provide a recommendation letter for the applicant. At least two of these people should be academics.
Applicants should direct any questions and send their application package electronically by Aug 30th 2019 to Dr. Marios Panayides: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Economics & Econometrics Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus