Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Track And Field / Sprints and Hurdles
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 123 NCAA championship titles, won the women’s Capital One Cup, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Essential Job Functions:
Stanford University is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Track and Field Coach. This is a twelve-month, full-time, full-benefited position that reports to the Director of Track and Field. It is directly responsible for administering and/or assisting with the administration of all areas related to the success of a Track and Field program within the Division I intercollegiate program and the policies established by the NCAA, Pac-12 and Stanford University.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Must have a minimum of 5-years experience coaching men’s and women’s sprints and hurdles at the college/university or high school level.
- Pole vault experience desirable.
- A passion for coaching and developing student-athletes.
- Assess, identify and recruit top student-athletes to compete at Stanford, while following NCAA rules and University standards and policies in coordinating recruiting efforts.
- Ability to help arrange team travel logistics for practices and competitions.
- Ability to provide a positive environment for student-athletes and coaching staff.
- Excellent communication, organizational, teaching, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Experience in providing operational support for high caliber track events.
- A history of acting in a manner that based in integrity, and engaging in direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization.
- Experience coaching multi-events student-athletes is highly desirable.
- Ability to (1) respond quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; (2) embrace change and welcome fresh perspectives; (3) learn from past mistakes and (4) adjust accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position vacancy is filled.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for assuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his/her/their job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Job Code: 1417
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84149