Senior Marketing Manager, Alumni Engagement
The Stanford Alumni Association (SAA) is looking for an Alumni Engagement Marketing Manager for our volunteer programs and Alumni events.
The ideal candidate will be creative, organized, and highly collaborative. You’ll work with program managers to develop and execute marketing strategies that increase alumni engagement and event attendance for many programs running simultaneously throughout the year. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in digital marketing, print production, content creation and distribution, and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
As Alumni Engagement Marketing Manager, you would:
- Apply a deep understanding of audiences to inform marketing and program plans
- Independently plan, project manage, and measure marketing campaigns
- Guide a creative team with well-constructed marketing briefs
- Test and optimize marketing channels including email, paid digital (mostly social), website, and print
- Collaborate on editorial content to increase awareness and interest
- Evaluate and analyze campaign results and constantly experiment to improve performance
- Manage engagement communications across the board through in-depth analysis to reduce opt outs and improve targeting
- Optimize systems and processes for campaign planning, development, launch, and tracking
- Coordinate activity across the rest of the marketing organization and program teams
- Stay current on trends in digital marketing to inform marketing strategy
- Deliver and be accountable for detailed budgets, plans, and timelines
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years experience in digital marketing
- Community or event marketing experience is a plus
- Experience with email marketing and marketing automation
- Proven experience in planning, delivering, and measuring marketing campaigns
- Ability to understand what motivates buyers and translate that into content and campaigns
- Capable of influencing cross-functionally and at all levels to deliver on business goals
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Track record of effectively prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Familiar with marketing tools; Salesforce, Google Analytics, Marketo or similar
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Critical to the success of this position is the development of strong working relationships with Program Managers, Event Coordinators, Creatives, and Digital/Data teams. This role reports to the Director, Marketing.
Founded in 1892 by the University's first graduates, the Stanford Alumni Association aims to deliver the most effective alumni relations program anywhere in higher education. Its diverse offerings include a bimonthly magazine; online communication and networking tools; academic and social programming (on and off-campus); a worldwide travel/study program; and numerous Stanford-related products and initiatives.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4894
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K