Heralded as a hub of undergraduate innovation, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) creates and sustains meaningful interactions between students and faculty both within and outside the classroom. As a collaborative team member of VPUE, you have a unique opportunity to advance and support programs that touch and enhance the lives of every undergraduate student at Stanford.
VPUE is seeking an experienced calendar and administrative professional. This instrumental role provides support to the associate vice provost and the associate vice provost for finance and administration within the Senior Management Team. As a member of the executive support team, the administrative associate will be a key partner in ensuring that the executive office runs smoothly and efficiently.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the complex calendars and resolving all related conflicts for two of VPUE’s senior leaders – the associate vice provost and the associate vice provost for finance and administration.
- Overseeing, organizing, and operating the logistics for governing boards and standing/ad hoc committees as well as complex events, including arrangements with vendors, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and taking and producing meeting minutes.
- Processing a variety of complex financial transactions, including travel reimbursements, purchase orders, and cash advances.
- Acting as a first point of contact for the Senior Management Team in order to respond to general inquiries and determine appropriate action as required.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in independently managing complex calendars and project timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task while being flexible and adapting to constant change.
***Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
About the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE)
For undergraduates, VPUE is the nexus for programs and initiatives that help students define and achieve their intellectual ambitions at Stanford. These include investigative introductory courses taught by esteemed faculty, targeted classes in writing and rhetoric, undergraduate research support, academic advising and mentoring, overseas and off-campus study programs, and undergraduate scholarships and fellowships. For faculty, VPUE serves as a principal conduit for furthering interaction with undergraduates and discovering ways in which working with students can enrich one’s research agenda. VPUE advocates for undergraduate education in collaboration with faculty, departments and schools across Stanford. All VPUE resources are dedicated to involving faculty with the undergraduate experience, connecting students with phenomenal opportunities and fully realizing a liberal education at Stanford.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
If you’re ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background and experience in managing complex calendars and supporting senior level managers.
- Click on Job Search
Enter 84144 in the Keyword Search field
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 84144